US company Eriez, acknowledged as the world leader in magnetic, separation, vibratory and inspection equipment for over 80 different industries, has been a client of PRGN member, Stevens Baron Communications (SBC) of Cleveland, Ohio, for over 5 years.
In mid-2007 SBC was asked to advise Eriez on the most effective way to introduce two new breakthrough recycling products – ProSort and FineSort – to a global audience on a limited budget. In consultation with the client, SBC identified the seven key markets on which Eriez should focus to enable it to achieve its objectives within the advised budget constraints. PRGN consultancies in France, Spain, Germany, Italy, Australia, the UK and Japan were briefed to carry out this project.
Each PRGN consultancy identified appropriate media in conjunction with local Eriez representatives. SBC produced a full international media kit for the PRGN project team.
Key elements of the campaign included:
- In-country adaptation and translation of the full press kit, producing either one or two news releases dependent on the media requirements in the market concerned.
- Pitching to media by an “on-the-ground” PRGN team in each case.
- Full media follow up.
- Full reporting to the client via SBC from all markets.
To date, across six of the seven markets:
- PRGN has produced over $693,500 worth of coverage according to the client’s Advertising Equivalency formula.
- This figure will increase with the launch in Japan due to take place later in 2008, and with more results to come from the UK.
Due to the success of this project, Eriez has decided to triple its investment in international public relations through Stevens Baron Communications and PRGN in 2008.