Athenora Consulting is a leading independent European public affairs firm based in Brussels. We bring a unique expertise in EU affairs to the Public Relations Global Network.
The European institutions’ actions impact business environment worldwide. EU policies cover all aspects of the economy, including energy, environment, finance, health and safety, consumers affairs, transports, intellectual property, data protection, food issues, trade …
Athenora’s team has the know-how to design a successful EU strategy that help our client to protect their business and participate to the drafting of future laws. Our team has over a decade of experience working with the EU institutions.
We deliver to our clients tailor-made services. To this end, our team is trained to analyse our clients’ legislative and regulatory environment and to monitor developments at the EU level. our highly performing monitoring system relies also on our large network of key contacts in Brussels which allows us to get golden information.
We help our client to put across an effective message and shape expectations to be influential within the EU decision-making process. We design with our client the most efficient and creative lobbying strategy to improve their reputation, to manage EU issues, to work with stakeholders. We also build and manage large alliances to increase our clients’ influence.
Athenora is member of the French association of lobbyists (AFCL) and a board member of the European association of lobbyists (EPACA).
Athenora’s President, Stéphane Desselas, is a lecturer in various conferences and seminars including universities such as the French school of political science in Paris.
Dedicated to helping businesses find their way in the EU complex arena, Athenora is known for the books we wrote on successful EU lobbying.
- Consumer Affairs
- Employment and Social Affairs
- Financial services
- Information Society
- Internal Market
- Public Health
- Public utilities
- EU affairs management and monitoring
- Interest positioning and awareness
- Advocacy and institutional communication
- Creation and management of alliances
- Regulatory analysis
- Strategic planning/counsel
- Media relations
- Special events
- EU training
Managing director and Partner
Natacha Clarac is managing director of Athenora Consulting. For a decade, she has provided political briefings, training programmes and consulting advices to various clients in order to raise their voice in the EU arena with adequate tools and the right message. Over the years she designed and carried out many lobbying campaigns on behalf of clients, giving her a very comprehensive expertise of lobbying at European level. She has also developed specific tools for coalition building and alliances.
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- P:00 32 2 280 28 01
President and CEO
Stéphane Desselas is the founder and President of Athenora consulting. Specialist of the EU decision making process, he advices his clients to more effectively influence public policy through tailored-made strategies. He has been active in Brussels since 1994 as a legal advisor and consultant for many big businesses and as Secretary General of a European Federation.
- E: email@example.com
- P:00 32 2 280 28 01
- "HWB Communications have been able to position GEPF’s brand positively in the media and our coverage has increased exponentially over the past nine months. As a result of their work we have been able to communicate good GEPF stories to all stakeholders. They understand our business and always provide excellent support and advice."Matau Molapo, Communications Administrator, Government Employees Pension Fund (GEPF)
- "CPC combines the spirit of a boutique agency with the ability to fit in seamlessly in an international and corporate environment. Their strategic advice as well as tactical reactivity have proven invaluable to easyJet. The dedicated multilingual team enables us to reach out effectively to all Swiss media, regardless of language and region"Thomas Haagensen, easyJet
- Last year we booked IC as our PR agency for Germany. We are very satisfied with the results that they have achieved for us and the thoroughness of their work. They represent Made in Germany in the true sense of the meaning.Dan Warren, Managing Director, International Business Development, Trex Company Inc.
- Thank you for the media lunch arrangements. We are pleased with the extensive coverage by the media.Media Lunch
- “For the past 13 years, HWB has worked closely with ADT South Africa to maintain a positive perception of our brand and provide valuable support for our overall marketing strategy.”Martin OCHIEN’G, Marketing and Strategy Director, ADT South Africa