|Member:||The Equity Group Inc.|
|Headquarter:||800 3rd Avenue, 36th Floor|
|Postal Code:||NY 10022|
|San Francisco:||580 California Street, 12th Floor|
|Postal Code:||CA 94104|
|Beijing:||14/F IBM Tower, Pacific Century Place,
2A Workers’ Stadium Road North
Founded in 1974, The Equity Group helped launch the practice of investor relations. Now in our fifth decade as an independent investor relations firm, our focus continues to be developing and implementing comprehensive investor communication and outreach programs for high quality micro, small and mid-cap companies, with an emphasis on long-term client programs and partnerships. Simply put – we help our clients tell their investment stories effectively, and get them heard by the most relevant audiences in the investing community.
One way we accomplish this is through ongoing proactivity with the most relevant contacts for each client. In this regard, our client base conducts between 1500 – 2000 investor/analyst interactions each year, and presents at 50-60 well-respected investment conferences.
Our current and recent clients are based in North America, Latin America, Asia and Europe, and operate in a broad range of industries. Client engagements typically begin when publicly listed companies are seeking to enhance their investor communications and/or expand their audiences within the investment community, or when private companies are in the planning stages of becoming publicly listed. Most clients are listed on US stock exchanges, while some are listed on exchanges outside the US.
For the majority of our clients, we serve as an outsourced investor relations department – a virtual “office down the hall.” For larger companies with an IRO or similar internal capabilities, we provide an array of support services including positioning, writing various forms of investor communications, arranging investor meetings and analyst days, conducting perception studies, and managing communications during crises.
The Equity Group’s seasoned team of professionals has over 175 years of aggregate experience, and an average tenure of 13 years with our firm. All clients work directly with a Senior Executive, and benefit from our firm’s collaborative culture, shared experience and collective contacts. We combine legacy knowledge of capital markets communications, and an unparalleled reputation for integrity and client service with evolving industry best practices to design and execute investor relations programs that help deliver long-term stakeholder value.
This approach fosters successful client relationships averaging 7 years, with many spanning 10-20 years.
- Strategic investor communications programs for pre-public companies, and micro/small and mid-cap public companies
- Targeted investor outreach, meetings and relationship-building for micro/small and mid-cap public companies
- C-level advisory for pre-public companies, and micro/small and mid-cap public companies
- IR Strategic Planning & Counsel
- Investor Messaging & Communications
- Investment Community Outreach & Relations
- Market Intelligence & Management/Board Reporting
- IPO Investor Relations
- Shareholder Activism Counsel & Communications
- Financial Media Outreach & Relations
- Transaction Communications & Support
- Crisis Communications &Support
- Digital Investor Communications
- “Working with you for the past 12 years has been one of our better professional experiences of that time period. At the time we engaged The Equity Group, Mobile Mini had a market cap of $20 million...From no meaningful sell-side research or institutional holders, Mobile Mini now has a number of prominent investment firms writing on it and a large and loyal cadre of institutional holders. We have been impressed by The Equity Group’s continuing ability to develop and execute investor relations programs and activities that match our needs during the various stages of Mobile Mini’s corporate development. That is due in part because you know your business very well, but just as importantly, you’ve taken the time to understand our business very well. Throughout the years, The Equity Group has been extremely knowledgeable, responsive and helpful. While we did our job of building a successful company, I am firmly convinced that the caliber of the investor relations/corporate communications services provided by The Equity Group has been a critical element in the gains we have achieved in our shareholder value.”Larry Trachtenberg, Director & Former CFO, Mobile Mini, Inc.
- “For small and micro-cap companies like Hill International, it doesn't make any sense to have an in-house investor relations professional when there is a firm like The Equity Group that can provide you access to an entire team of IR professionals on an as-needed basis at a fraction of the cost. Theirknowledge of the investment and analyst community has been invaluable as we have transitioned from a private, family-run business to a publicly-traded company listed on the New York Stock Exchange. I wouldn't recommend that the management of any company go through that process without the outstanding professionals at The Equity Group by your side.”David L. Richter, President & COO, Hill International, Inc.
- “As we approach the end of the year, I want to be sure to acknowledge the people and the organizations that have truly made a difference. That list must include The Equity Group. When we began working together in the spring of 2000, Inter Parfums had a market cap of about $85 million, and as they say on the Street, our shares traded by appointment averaging 5,000 shares per day. In the ensuing years, Inter Parfums has grown sales and net income substantially and our market cap has risen to nearly $500 million with average trading volume of about 200,000 shares. The caliber of the writing for news releases, presentations, conference call scripts, corporate profiles, and our annual reports has been first rate and importantly, reflecting a keen understanding of our business and our business opportunities. We have had highly productive meetings with portfolio managers and buy-side analysts at institutional investors in many cities. Our Company has been profiled in major business media including Business Week,Investor’s Business Daily and CNNfn. When I think about The Equity Group, professional, responsive, initiative, enthusiastic, thorough, and fun to work with, are the words that come to mind. For all the times I should have said it and didn’t, 'Thank you and great job!'”Jean Madar, Chairman & CEO, Inter Parfums, Inc.
- “We sometimes forget to reflect upon and acknowledge those whom have been so instrumental to our success. When American Vanguard began its relationship with The Equity Group in 1989 we had little knowledge and no exposure to the investment community and business media. With yourcommunications skills and vast contacts we are now enjoying the fruits of your labor and education. Though investor relations is important to all public corporations, it takes a certain expertise to handle some of the challenges our industry and company have experienced. The Equity Group has guided both American Vanguard and its investors for many years and we look forward to continuing our relationship for years to come.”Eric G. Wintemute, President & CEO, American Vanguard Corp.
Latest Blog Posts
Limbach CEO Charlie Bacon Discusses Further Infrastructure Growth with TheStreet.com
by The Equity Group on February 2, 2017 at 4:55 pm
Limbach Holdings (NASDAQ:LMB) CEO Charlie Bacon was interviewed by TheStreet.com, discussing the further projected growth in infrastructure spending under the new administration… Continue for the interview... […]
Q2 2016 Investor Conference Line-Up
by The Equity Group on March 31, 2016 at 4:23 pm
Equity Group clients are presenting at various investor conferences during the second quarter, in addition to conducting a range of private meetings and non-deal roadshows, as well as hosting Investor Days. Continue reading for more details on the events... […]
Q1 2016 Investor Conference Line-Up
by The Equity Group on February 4, 2016 at 2:06 pm
In addition to an array of private meetings and non-deal roadshows, our clients are presenting at various investor conferences during first quarter. Continue reading for more details on the events... […]
The Equity Group Joins PRGN
by The Equity Group on February 4, 2016 at 1:18 am
The Equity Group has joined the Public Relations Global Network (PRGN), an invitation-only network of approximately 50 independent public relations firms based throughout the world. Read mor […]
Q3 2016 Investor Conference Line-Up
by The Equity Group on February 1, 2016 at 7:57 pm
Equity Group clients are presenting at various investor conferences during the third quarter, in addition to conducting a range of private meetings and non-deal roadshows, as well as hosting Investor Days. Continue reading for more details on the events... […]