Are you a resourceful, high-energy self-starter with strong writing skills? A lifelong learner? And somewhat of a marketing geek, always staying on top of industry trends, particularly in the social media world? If so, we might have just the job for you.
RPR is a fast-growing PR agency. An entrepreneurial spirit and passion for excellence are necessary to succeed in this role. You must have the will to learn and grow as a both PR professional and an agency leader. The growth path for this position includes professional development opportunities to prepare you to manage a team and understand all aspects of agency operations. Don’t be surprised if you’re asked to complete a writing assignment and strategy assessment as part of the interview process.
The Account Manager will play an integral role in telling our clients’ stories through traditional and social media channels.
Here’s the mix of what you’ll be doing day to day:
- Serving as the day-to-day contact for assigned clients
- Media relations (trade, consumer and business media)
- Social media (Facebook, Twitter updates, blogger relations, and more)
- Media research (editorial calendars, speaking opportunities, media/analyst list development)
- Writing (press releases, pitches, bylined articles, and more)
- Event planning and execution (attending client events – travel may be required)
- Working closely with senior management to provide strategic direction and insight related to account activities
- Recommending and executing on media strategies that generate coverage; builds and nurtures strong relationships with media contacts
- Demonstrating ownership to train and mentor junior team members and new hires
- Participating in new business activity, playing a significant role in providing research, media playbooks, creative ideas and competently presenting in new business meetings
- Acting as a brand ambassador for RPR, actively participating in networking opportunities to raise the agency’s visibility in the Nashville area
- Cleaning out the refrigerator (we all take turns!)