Landis Communications Inc. (LCI), an award-winning, mid-sized, San Francisco-based consumer public relations agency, is seeking a 10-plus year consumer PR veteran at the director level – with agency experience preferred. This right candidate will be energetic, creative, savvy, self-starting and organized, with superior writing skills. LCI’s clients include those in the health care, consumer/consumer products, financial services, retail, real estate, lifestyle, environmental and non-profit industries. LCI is the San Francisco member of the Public Relations Global Network (www.prgn.com), with more than 50 PR affiliates worldwide.
The right director candidate will have a proven track record with traditional media (and the placements to prove it), social media and digital media expertise. The director is responsible for the development of PR plans + campaigns, overseeing implementation and generating targeted results. He/he will also possess strong experience managing account teams and keeping clients happy. Candidates must have relevant consumer PR experience, along with appropriate experience with writing a variety of typo-free materials, in addition to experience with media outreach/placement, media tours, trade shows and more.
Required experience and skillset:
- 10 plus years of PR experience, agency experience preferred
- Social media/digital media expertise
- Experience creating and implementing PR campaigns
- Portfolio of media placements (including national and regional) and social media campaigns
- At least three written PR plans created by the candidate
- Writing samples that include: blogs, press releases, social media releases, press kits, by-lined articles, etc.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience managing PR teams
- Proven proficiency with social media platforms, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube and more
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Dynamic, creative thinker
- Strong team-player attitude
- Ability to work under short-lead times and high pressure
- Strong relationships with a broad range of local, regional and national media
- College degree in communications, journalism or related field is highly preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Basecamp, ClickTime and CisionPoint is preferred
Please note, if you do not have the required skillset, your resume will not be considered. Advertising and marketing candidates should not apply; LCI requires a skillset that is PR-focused. If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
About Landis Communications Inc. (LCI)
Founded more than 25 years ago, LCI has built a consistent reputation as one of the nation’s top public relations and marketing communications agencies in the country. LCI has been named Ragan’s/PR Daily “Small Agency of the Year” two years in a row, and the Holmes Report called LCI “San Francisco’s PR & marketing experts.” LCI has won the Bulldog Award for public education, two ACE Awards (America’s best healthcare agency and American’s best small (under $3 million) PR agency) and Ragan’s/PR Daily Media Relations Awards for “Breaking News.” The firm has also been named “the country’s top social media agency” (TopPRagencies.com) and has gained prominence as a leader in consumer and corporate communications strategies.
Clients include such well-known brands and regional institutions as: Save the Redwoods League, Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford, California Academy of Sciences, On Lok (senior health services), Walmart, University of California San Francisco (UCSF), Global Alzheimer’s Platform Foundation, Whole Foods Market, Museum of the African Diaspora, Positive Resource Center and more.