The Fearey Group, one of the Pacific Northwest’s leading independent public relations/public affairs agencies, is seeking to hire a savvy PR professional as an Account Supervisor for our growing agency. The Fearey Group’s mission is to build trusting and enduring relationships one conversation at a time. Its vision is to be the best public relations firm in the Pacific Northwest. Learn more about us at our website at feareygroup.com or join us in conversation on any of our social media channels.
The individual should possess the ability to hit the ground running in a fast-paced environment and consistently deliver high-quality results. The candidate should demonstrate a high level of personal initiative, integrity and responsibility. The Fearey Group recognizes individuals with drive, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit. Organization skills are critical. Previous experience in a public relations agency is preferred.
- A degree in marketing communications, public relations or journalism.
- A minimum of five years working in a PR capacity, either in-house or for an agency.
- Minimum of five years of experience managing account teams, building client relationships and creating/executing strategic communications plans.
- Passion for doing great work, team spirit and excellence in client service a must.
- Serves as day-to-day lead on a number of accounts.
- Plan and execute client activities in a timely, efficient, effective and high-quality manner with minimal direction and supervision.
- Exhibit a deep understanding of public relations, the client’s business, and related industry.
- Oversee and direct account teams.
- Manage budgets and team for several accounts.
- Manage the development and editing of high quality written materials including press releases, fact sheets, backgrounders, briefing books, pitch letters, FAQ’s, and general client correspondence.
- Manage proactive/reactive media outreach with target print, broadcast and online reporters.
- Serve as the primary and ongoing contact on the client’s behalf to top tier press.
- Create compelling story ideas or PR opportunities to make Fearey clients stand-out from its competitors.
- Reviews and creates compelling content and executes social media editorial calendars.
- Monitor and help manage client social media properties.
- Create out-of-the-box ideas that generate conversations.
- Make certain that Fearey clients stand-out among its competitors and keep clients ahead of the social media norms.
- Build sales opportunities for the firm, including identifying and pursuing new business leads, prospecting targeted clients, developing stand-out proposals and presenting to prospects.
- Lead team strategy, brainstorming meetings and create fearless presentations to win business.
- Oversee development of presentation materials, team, etc.
What we’re looking for:
- Outgoing and enthusiastic personality. We need a go-getter!
- Comfortable and confident talking to leaders, executives and ambassadors online and offline.
- Solutions-focused and driven by results.
- Excellent communication skills: solid grammar, ability to write concisely, great on the phone!
- Super organized!
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- 100% paid premium for employee’s medical, dental and vision coverage!
- 5% commission on all new business accounts identified and awarded to the firm
- 4 weeks paid-time-off and a minimum eight paid holidays (from the start!)
- 100% paid ORCA card or parking stipend
- Bike parking and showers are available
How to apply:
Email resume, cover letter and links to online portfolio or attach work samples Chris Nettles at firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please).