Social media is an essential aspect of building your brand, but building a strategy can be daunting. Here are a few quick tips for embracing social media to increase your business’s bottom line.
- Social media will give back to you and your business what you put into it. Take even just a small amount of time each day to invest in your channels, and your audience will respond!
- Grant behind-the-scenes access to your followers through social media. Give them insight into your work, clients, visions and inspiration.
- Be social! Share content from your fellow colleagues, peers and community. Engage with your industry partners, potential clients, past clients – the more you share of others, the more your assets will be shared!
- There is no need to be on every social media platform out there. Despite the pressure you might be feeling to hop on SnapChat for your brand, there is merit and wisdom behind knowing where your audience is and whether your investment in those platforms would be worth the effort.
- LinkedIn is ideal for the business professional to grow their network and increase business development. Instagram is king for visual storytelling. Facebook is the best platform for targeting your audience most effectively with paid ads. Twitter can be a powerful tool for keeping up on trends, interacting with fellow peers and sharing out instant updates about your company.
- Continue to be social on and offline. Connect with your online network in-person at social media gatherings and be sure to connect with folks you meet around town on social.
If you too are just starting out on social media and learning to build a strategy, check out resources like Social Media Examiner, BufferSocial and Social Media Today to gather best practices and tips for building a plan that’s right for you.
By Heather Fernandez
Courtesy of The Fearey Group